I got this super cute recipe from Pillsbury. I did not take the picture and I have not made this but it is too cute and festive not to share. Please enjoy!
1 package (16 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookies (24 cookies)
1 ¼ cups white vanilla baking chips
1 container ready-to-spread frosting (any white variety)
Gel food colors, if desired
Decorations, if desired
Red or black string licorice
Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Candy-coated chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place cookie dough rounds 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave 1 cup of the white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 45 seconds in medium microwavable bowl. Stir; if necessary, microwave in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until chips can be stirred smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the frosting mixture to attach decorations.
- Use gel food colors to tint remaining frosting in desired colors.
- Spoon each color of frosting into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1/2 inch off one corner of bag, and pipe on bottom of 1 cookie. Press another cookie, flat side down, on frosting at an angle, cookies touching on one side and about 1 inch apart on the other, to look like open mouth.
- To decorate, press remaining white vanilla baking chips in frosting for teeth.
- Use reserved frosting mixture to attach eyes, using decorations as desired.